- Data recovery is the process of retrieving deleted or inaccessible data from failed electronic storage platter such as computer hard disk drives, removable drives, optical devices, etc.
- Your data can become inaccessible due to a software problem, computer virus, mechanical or electrical malfunction or a deliberate human act.
There are various reasons for hard disk failure, but we broadly can categorize it into two
- Logical Issues : Usually in this kind of hard disk, platter will be fine but the data might be lost due to Formatting / Partition Table Corruption /Data in Shortcut Format/ Accidental Deletion/Virus Infection/OS Installation without taking backup.
- Physical Issues : In these kinds of issues, the hard disk will not be detectable or there will be clicking noise or some of the components might be bad. In some cases the hard disk will be detectable, but data cannot be accessed due to bad sector.
All devices received go through an extensive analysis to determine the condition of the drive.
- Step 1 – We will determine whether the problem is physical (hardware), logical (software structures) or both
- Step 2 – If it is found to be physical, we will determine whether the needed parts for repair are in our inventory or if we have to resource them.
- Step 3 – Once we establish access to the drive, we will make an absolute and complete backup of your hard disk to our server where the process will continue.
- Step 4 – The next step is to evaluate the condition of the data structure & determine how much of the data is recoverable.
- Step 5 – When the evaluation process is completed, we will contact you with the results of the evaluation & tell you the exact time frame required as also about the cost for recovery. We will need your approval to proceed further from this point.
No, we do not allow any unauthorized person inside our Data Recovery Lab. Our data recovery processes are completely safe and secure. The data recovery experts work on multiple jobs simultaneously and we cannot allow data privacy breaches by allowing any unauthorized person within our recovery lab.
CLASS 100 CLEAN ROOM is a special environment recommended by hard drive manufacturers and is mandatory to open any kind of hard drive. Opening a hard drive in an open environment can further damage it and reduce the chances of recovering data from it. We have certified a CLASS 100 CLEAN ROOM environment where we perform all our data recovery operations.
Your data will be delivered to you in an external storage device like pen drive, external hard drive etc. You can either give your device or buy a hard drive from us at an additional cost, where we can copy your data and deliver it to you.
You can verify your data remotely. We can give you the access through TeamViewer, and you can verify your file listing and raw data. You can also ask questions during remote verifications. Our data recovery experts will be available to help you in verifying your data as well. Data Verification process usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour. You need to ensure your availability during this session and we would request your complete attention during the verification process to avoid any confusion.
We keep your data with us for 7 days after it is delivered to you. In case anything goes wrong with your recovered data post-delivery, you don’t have to go through the whole process again. After 7 days from delivery or after your email confirmation we erase your data completely from our server. Once your data is erased from our server, we do not keep any copy of your data. In case you want us to erase your data from our server sooner then please raise a request via email.